Also known as IVRs or auto-attendants, voice menus help to direct callers to the most appropriate person or department by giving them a number of options. For example, a caller may hear, “Thank you for calling. Please press 1 for support, 2 for accounts,” or any other options that are relevant to your business.
Adding a Voice Menu
To add a voice menu, from your portal select IVRs, then click the "Add IVR" button and complete the required information. You will need to choose a 3-digit internal number along with a name to identify this menu.
Click “Next” when done, then “Confirm” to approve your order. You are now ready to start configuring your menu options.
Configuring your menu
To start configuring your menu, click on the IVR you have just added in the voice menu list. This will open up the Settings pane where you will find the following options:
- Name– in order to identify this menu on the system.
- Entry sound– this will be played to callers when they enter the menu. You may choose from your existing sound files, if you'd like to upload a new sound, you can find out how Here.
- Timeout– the time to wait for a keypress following the end of the welcome message before performing the specified timeout action (see below).
- Menu options
- 0-9– choose the required action to perform when the specified key is pressed.
- Invalid– what to do if an unrecognised option is selected.
- Timeout– the action to perform if no key is pressed within the specified period.
Click “Save” when done to apply your changes.
Removing a voice menu
To remove a menu, click on the IVR you would like to remove in the voice menu list. Then click on the cog icon at the top right and you'll have the option to remove the IVR.