This article is for Simwood Wholesale Customers
Change of account name
To just change your account name in the case where the company registration number remains unaltered, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the change required. There is normally a charge associated with this which can be found in our Ancillary Price List.
Change of Legal Identity (contract novation)
A Novation is the transfer of a contract between two commercial entities. This can happen for a number of reasons, the most common of which is when a Simwood Wholesale customer (the Seller) sells, or transfers, their company shares to a new company, the Recipient company. The Recipient company could be an existing Simwood customer.
Note: if the Seller is in fact just moving their customers to another Simwood Wholesale customer, this would involve a Migration (link needed) and this Novation document does not apply.
In the event of a change of legal identity a contract novation needs to happen. Please contact the sales team or your account manager in the first instance who can explain the process.
A Novation requires contracts to be checked and honoured, credit and other checks on the new entity, billing changes and support with the transfer of the numbers. The charge for this is detailed in our Ancillary Price List.
The process is as follows:
- Consult sales
- Credit and other checks are made.
- A contract is prepared. That needs to have:
- Schedule of headline contractual charges to be transferred
- Novation work start date
- Novation Contractual Change Date
- Contract signed
- Invoice for the Novation is issued to the Seller
- Invoice for any remaining contractual payments issued to Receiver as necessary
- Any outstanding invoices on the Seller’s account are to be settled
- Work will proceed on receipt of payment of all invoices
- The numbers are moved as per below
- The Seller will be billed as usual up until the Novation Contractual Change Date
- If the numbers are not moved by the Novation Contractual Change Date both the Seller and Recipient may be billed
- Once the numbers have moved any remaining balance is credited to the Seller
- The Recipient will be billed from the date of the move of the numbers or the Novation Contractual Change Date - whichever is the earlier
- It is important that the time lines agreed are respected as there is an overhead to having both accounts open at the same time. Therefore, if the numbers have not been moved within 7 days of the Novation Contractual Change Date, Simwood reserves the right to abandon the process and charge for any new attempt and / or charge an administration fee for further work.
The process of moving the numbers consists of:
- Agreeing a list of numbers
- Agreeing a move date and time
- this has to be during normal office hours
- Please note that Simwood staff only move numbers and endpoint configurations they do not move trunks or ACL configurations
- A member of the Recipient's staff must be available to make all configurations and confirm the numbers have been moved successfully