Chris has produced a short video demonstrating how you can configure our most common fraud controls:
As explained in the video, some of the fraud prevention methods are as follows:
- Set locked balance limits to prevent how much credit can be taken from your account. This should ideally be adjusted through the day depending on traffic - for example, locking a lot of your balance out over the weekend, but allowing a lot to be used during the working day.
- Monitor your calls in progress to observe regular call patterns and immediately spot when unexpected activity is taking place.
- Manage access control lists (ACLs) to only permit calls to or from certain destinations, or to specifically blacklist certain prefixes. This can be set account-wide, or individually configured to each of your trunks.
- Set limits on individual trunks, to control the overall allowed outbound calls, international calls or hotspot calls per second, 10 seconds or 12 hours.
- Receive notifications to immediately inform you when we believe there may be fraudulent activity taking place on your account.
- Utilise the live Threats page for an overview of threats detected by our honeypots.
These can all be controlled via our portal, or through the API.