As with geographic numbers, we can also port non-geographic numbers (such as 03x and 08x) from several providers. Non-Geographic Number Porting (NGNP) follows a different process to Geographic Number Porting (GNP), and as such requires separate agreements. While we're working on finalising NGNP agreements with all of our geographic porting partners, the list of agreements we have finalised is as follows:
- Gamma (inc. hosted clients who have delegated porting)
- Magrathea (inc. hosted clients who have delegated porting)
- Numbers Plus
- Telephony Services (inc. AQL, Gradwell and hosted clients who have delegated porting)
- Virgin Media
- There may be others that we don't have a direct porting agreement, but may host numbers with some of the providers listed above. Please see here for more information.
As well as requiring separate agreements, NGNP also requires a different validation process for requests. We currently do not have a wizard to automatically submit non-geographic requests, so these must be submitted manually. To do so, please raise a ticket from support.simwood.com or send an email to porting @ simwood.com with the number in the subject and all of the following information included in the message:
- Number(s) to be ported - multiple numbers can be requested on one order providing they belong to the same end-user on a single account and the RH is the same for each number
- Customer account name
- Customer account number
- Customer address
- Letter of Authorisation / Notice of NGNP (see below) attached
Please note, the information you need to provide will vary depending on whether the end-user is currently receiving service direct from the host network or via a reseller.
If direct please confirm the end-user's details and attach a copy of your LoA.
If service is being provided via a reseller, it is the reseller's details that are required on the porting order (i.e. the Communication Provider that holds the account with the host network). To obtain this information you will need to send the current provider a copy of the Letter of Authorisation (signed by the end-user, preferably on letterhead) and a Non-Geographic Number Porting Notice template, please see attached. The current provider should complete and return the Notice on their letterhead and confirm who the host network is and provide their account details. Once you have received the completed Notice please attach a copy of it to your porting request. It will be sent to the host network along with the porting order and will act as your LoA.
The minimum lead time for non-geographic ports is currently 5 working days, or 6 working days for subsequent port requests. The charges for numbering (including ports) can be found here.