Trunks allow you to connect a either on-premises or alternate cloud-based PBX to a customer account
Trunks act like other Endpoints on the Customer account (such as Extensions) with a few key differences:
- They are charged per allocated Trunk Channel
- They can have more simultaneous calls, again as per Trunk Channel
- Outbound calls over a Trunk can present a variety of numbers*
*NOTE: You may only present numbers from a customer account that have been added to it. If you wish to add additional presented numbers, please email the support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with proof of ownership of the number - usually a phone bill.
Creating A Trunk
- To create a trunk, log in to a Customer’s account
- Click on Trunks on the left hand side
- Click on Add Trunk on the top right
- Set the internal extension, name and how many channels you want to allocate to the trunk
- Finally, you will have a screen confirming the ongoing cost for the allocated Trunk Channels.
- Once created, you can click on the Trunk to get additional information and set any forwarding rules and the default caller ID.
- If you click on Connect a Device you will see the SIP credentials for the Trunk:
Here you will find some useful technical information for implementing trunks. This is designed to help with implementation on various platforms
- FROM: (User Part) = Trunk 6 digit username
- FROM: (Host Part) = The server from Connect a Device SIP Settings
- P-Preferred-Identity: (User Part) = Number you wish to present. (Optional: If you do not specify this we will use the default on the account)
- NB: If you are unable to send P-Preferred-Identity you can instead send Remote-Party-ID
- TO: can be in either national UK or e164 format.
- Our Partner Trunks are only available as Registration on a Username/Password authentication basis.
If you need to whitelist/allow any specific IP addresses from ourselves, please ensure the following are configured on any relevant devices/applications: IP Whitelisting