We’re looking for a talented, dynamic, and ambitious self-starter to help lead our development team in building React and Node.js applications and ensure we deliver clean and maintainable code, whilst at the same time helping our junior and mid-level developers grow in skill and confidence. This is a full-time, permanent position based in our office in central Birmingham. Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Building and maintaining front-end React applications and back-end Node applications.
- Creating internal tools that can make our team more productive and efficient.
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working to agreed delivery deadlines.
- Helping to containerise new and existing applications and build CI pipelines.
- Supporting our junior and mid-level developers in their learning and development.
- Ensuring good coding practices are maintained and improved.
- Researching new technologies and libraries to make sure we’re always using the best tools for the job.
- Ensuring best UI/UX practices.
At Simwood, our aim is to make communication and collaboration as easy and flexible as possible. Over the last 10 years we’ve been building and improving upon our Sipcentric cloud-based phone system that helps businesses communicate with their customers, and with one-another. Sipcentric recently joined the Simwood Group, and so we’re currently growing to make sure we can keep up with all the new opportunities that this brings.
Through our customer-facing brand, Nimvelo, we allow customers to access and configure their phone system through our online portal, Manager. We also have two other apps associated with the phone system; Communicator and Analytics. Communicator is a browser-based phone built with React and WebRTC, and Analytics allows users to build detailed charts to visualise how they use the phone system, also built with React and backed by Elasticsearch. We’re also currently working on a React Native softphone app, to make it easy for our customers to make and receive calls over the internet and manage their phone system on the go.
Our office is located in Faraday Wharf (right next to Aston University), so we’re quite central and very easy to get to by bus, train, bike, and car.
To be successful in the role you will be passionate about technology and enjoy keeping on top of new language features and libraries. You will also understand the importance of writing modular, maintainable, and testable code, whilst at the same time leading multiple projects and meeting deadlines. Working within a small development team means that you will have a big impact on the look and feel of our products, as well as a lot of autonomy to solve problems in whatever way you feel is best. We’re looking for someone who’s really willing to take ownership of their work, and who has the confidence to trust their judgement and take ideas and run with them.
- Experience working with REST APIs
- React + Redux
Experience with any of the below(or similar) technologies would be beneficial
- AWS or similar
- MongoDB or similar
- Testing libraries (React Testing Library, Jest)
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly team lunches
- Team days out (we’ve been enjoying escape rooms lately)
- Tournament-quality pool table and a selection of card games
- Bean-to-cup coffee machine
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.