This procedure applies to all customers of Simwood Group plc who have their account in good standing with us only. We try hard to satisfy our customers but occasionally may be viewed as failing to do so satisfactorily. At this point, a customer may wish to raise a complaint. We consider a complaint to be a criticism which has been made in the expectation of a reply and which looks for an acknowledgement of fault or a change in the way we do things.
In the first instance, customers should interact in the usual way with 1st line Support via the relevant ticketing system. Should they feel that they wish to raise a complaint they can ask to do so. Asking to "escalate" a ticket will be treated as requesting to raise a complaint. They should be ready to detail:
- the scope of the complaint
- the resolutions or outcomes they are seeking
- whether they wish to submit extra information in confidence - in which case they can additionally do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the ticket reference
- acknowledge the complaint within one working day
- act in a way that is proportionate to the perceived severity of the complaint
- escalate the complaint to the appropriate team
- within 2 working days, that team will be in touch with a reply responding to the complaint as appropriate and possibly asking for more information
- come to a final decision within a further 5 working days and only extend that period solely at its own discretion
- decide the best medium to conduct further discussion - the default shall be via the ticketing system unless the customer wishes to supply confidential information, in which case this will usually be via email
- arrive at a final decision authorised by an appropriate manager of the company
- provide any final decision via the ticketing system and declare it to be final
- the complaint will then be closed.