Here's a short video demonstrating how you can configure our most common fraud controls:
As explained in the video, some of the fraud prevention methods are as follows:
- Set locked balance limits to prevent how much credit can be taken from your account. This should ideally be adjusted through the day depending on traffic - for example, locking a lot of your balance out over the weekend, but allowing a lot to be used during the working day.
- Monitor your calls in progress to observe regular call patterns and immediately spot when unexpected activity is taking place.
- Manage access control lists (ACLs) to only permit calls to or from certain destinations, or to specifically blacklist certain prefixes. This can be set account-wide, or individually configured to each of your trunks.
- Set limits on individual trunks, to control the overall allowed outbound calls, international calls or hotspot calls per second, 10 seconds or 12 hours.
- Receive notifications to immediately inform you when we believe there may be fraudulent activity taking place on your account.
- Utilise the live Threats page for an overview of threats detected by our honeypots.
These can all be controlled via our portal, or through the API.
Please note that all our anti-fraud measures are provided on a best efforts basis and, whilst we offer market leading tools to help, ultimately our customers are responsible for their own equipment, systems and services and ultimately liable for any expenditure on their account.
Article is closed for comments.