Trunks allow you to connect a either on-premises or alternate cloud-based PBX to a customer account
Trunks act like other Endpoints on the Customer account (such as Extensions) with a few key differences:
- They are charged per allocated Trunk Channel
- They can have more simultaneous calls, again as per Trunk Channel
- Outbound calls over a Trunk can present a variety of numbers*
*NOTE: You may only present numbers from a customer account that have been added to it. If you wish to add additional presented numbers, please email the support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with proof of ownership of the number - usually a phone bill.
Creating A Trunk
- To create a trunk, log in to a Customer’s account
- Click on Trunks on the left hand side
- Click on Add Trunk on the top right
- Set the internal extension, name and how many channels you want to allocate to the trunk
- Finally, you will have a screen confirming the ongoing cost for the allocated Trunk Channels.
- Once created, you can click on the Trunk to get additional information and set any forwarding rules and the default caller ID.
- If you click on Connect a Device you will see the SIP credentials for the Trunk:
For details on how to configure a Simwood Trunk, please see our guide.