A call queue is a holding area for incoming calls. Your caller will be greeted with a welcome message, they will then hear music (or your own marketing message) until the call is answered. Call queue settings can be customised to ensure your calls are handled correctly while giving callers get the best possible customer service experience.
Adding a Call Queue
On the left of the screen click Call Queues. Any existing queues are listed.
Configuring a Call Queue
Advanced Call Queue Options
- Ring strategy determines the way calls are passed to call queue members. See the next section for a detailed definition
- Ring members for determines the ring duration on each attempt
- Retry after sets the amount of time the system will wait before trying each extension again. This process continues until the maximum hold time is met
- Caller should hear allows you to set music or a dial tone as the caller’s audio while in the queue
- Announce position tells the caller their current position in the queue
- Keypress destination allows the caller to press a key to jump out of the queue to a different destination
- Periodic announcement plays a greeting or marketing message at regular intervals
Ring strategy settings
- Ring all rings all extensions simultaneously
- Linear distributes calls according to your list order, from top to bottom
- Round robin remembers who took the last call and will start ringing the following extension in the list.
- Fewest calls transfers the call to the user who has answered the fewest calls so far
- Least recent transfers the call to the user who least recently answered a call
- Random passes the calls through to destinations in a random order