This is the virtual storage location for their voicemail. Every Regular extension you create will have its own mailbox by default. This can be activated in the extension page along with setting a pin and notification email, make sure you save your changes.
In some cases, you may need additional mailboxes that are separate to your extensions. This is useful if you need to provide a recorded message, or a general mailbox for a department or team. That’s why they are called ‘shared mailboxes’.
Adding a shared mailbox
Configuring a Shared mailbox
- Notification email is the email address that receives new message alerts
- PIN is the 4-digit code you must dial to retrieve messages from the mailbox when calling from a connected handset. It is highly recommended that you change this from the default PIN code
- Play envelope specifies whether the date and time is spoken before the message
- Play caller ID specifies whether the caller’s phone number is spoken before the message
- Allow review specifies whether the caller can review their message, and potentially re-record it – before sending it to the shared mailbox
Please note that mailboxes have a limit of 300 messages, if this limit is reached the contents of the mailbox will be automatically cleared and archived. When this happens we will send you an email asking if you would like a copy of the messages.