On individual extensions, you are able to create forwarding rules. This is available from the Extension view screen by clicking on the Forwarding Rules>Add Forwarding Rules:
There are multiple options you can adjust:
- During Time interval: When this rule is active
- If Call Status is: This refers to which scenarios the rule applies to.
- ANY: Always on
- BUSY: When we receive a busy signal from the device (for example they could be on the phone or some do not disturbs also count as busy)
- UNANSWERED: When the call times out (based on the portal settings)
- FAILURE: Anything other rejection (for example, if no phone is currently connected to the extension)
- Action: what to do with the call
- To: the number if it is being forwarded. This can be an extension or an external number NB: if this is an external number it will incur an outbound call charge
- Apply to queue/group calls: by default, a forwarding rules only apply to direct calls but you can adjust that here
- Preserve Caller ID: Whether the original caller's number will be shown on any follow-up call or the extension/outbound caller number.
- Enable call screening: This will set call screening on the forwarding rule
- Apply to external calls only: Do not apply the rule to calls from other extensions
- Assigned Key: You can use *74xx (xx being the rule assigned key) to turn the rule on or off. This can also be done under the Forwarding Rules section)