Unpack the phone and base station and follow the instructions in the installation manual to connect it to the mains supply and your network/router. Switch the power on and allow a minute or two for the phone to start up. Now follow the instructions below to get the extension registered and begin making calls.
The easiest way to configure the phone is via the web interface and you'll need its IP address in order to do this. To find the IP address of the phone:
- Press the right arrow on the handset to open the settings menu.
- Scroll to System Info and the IP address will be displayed.
- Enter the IP address into the address bar of your web browser.
Access the web interface by entering the IP address into your web browser. You will be asked for a username and password, which by default are:
Next, select an Identity from the left-hand menu to configure your extension settings.
You will need to configure the following fields, using the correct settings for your extension (see phone extension SIP settings):
- Display Name: to be displayed on the handset
- Account: enter the six-digit extension username
- Registrar: enter sip.voip123.co.uk
- Outbound Proxy: enter sip.sipcentric.com
- Authentication Name: enter the six-digit extension username
- Password: enter the extension password
Click on SIP and ensure that Server Type is set to "Asterisk".
Next, click on Handset and ensure the relevant handset is selected in the drop-down box.
Finally, click Save and within a few seconds, your handset should register. You are now able to make and receive calls.