In order to fully utilise the white-labelling of your Simwood Account, we recommend that you point your domain or subdomain to the Simwood Resellers customer Portal, to do that you will need to create a CNAME record with your domains DNS provider.
A CNAME record is designed to allow one domain or subdomain to point to another domain or subdomain. By default, CNAMEs are often used to ensure that your mail, FTP, and that www versions of your domain load to your proper domain
Although every DNS provider is slightly different, you will usually have to follow these steps:
- Log in to your domain provider's service portal
- Choose the subdomain you would like (eg pbx.customer.com)
- Ensure there are no other A records or CNAME records for the subdomain
- Create a new CNAME entry pointing pbx (.customer.com) pointing to customername.partner.sipcentric.com
- You can use a tool such as https://mxtoolbox.com/ to check that it has updated correctly
Most domain providers will have various guides on how to configure CNAME on their platform published in their knowledge base.
NB: It is best to update this before your account is created to prevent any delays