On occasion, you may need one of our support team to remote connect to your computer in order to connect your phone to an extension. This article will help you prepare for the call and give you an idea of what to expect during the call.
You will need 3 things before the call:
- The IP Address of the phone
- A computer connected to the same network as the phone.
- The number of the extension you would like connected to the phone.
For the Grandstream phones we supply, you will find the IPV4 address on the phone under Status > Network Status on the menu of the Grandstream phone. This is illustrated below for a Grandstream GXP2130 but the menus are different for each make/model of phone and if you having trouble finding this you can let the support team know the make and model of the phone and they will look into how you can get access to the phones IP address.
If this is 0.0.0.0, this means the phone does not have an internet connection, to resolve this you will need to check the following:
- The ethernet cable is plugged into the LAN port on the back of the phone and is connected to your router.
- Your internet is operational. Can you access google on your computer?
- There are no faulty wires. Try another cable to check.
- Plug the phone into a different port or into a place where a phone is displaying an IP address.
- Is the phone allowed on your network by a network administrator?
- Try taking the phone home or to another network and see if it connects here.
Once you have made note of the IPV4 Address you will need to navigate to http://support.voip123.co.uk and this will ask you for a code which will be supplied to you during the call.
You are now ready to call the support line (on a phone you will not need configuring) and get your phone configured. A member of your team will offer you a code to input into the website and you will be prompted to download and run a small program to allow the support person to control your computer temporarily. At this point, you will be asked for the IPV4 Address and the extension you would like the phone configured to and the support person will then configure the phone for you. Once it is configured you will be asked to make a test call to make sure the phone is working.
Article is closed for comments.