If you purchased it from Simwood Direct and asked us to configure it for you, your handset will normally be ready to use right out of the box. However, if you purchased it from somewhere else you will need to configure it to connect to our service.
This guide will work with a variety of Grandstream phones including Grandstream GXP1620, GXP1628, GXP2100, GXP2130, GXP2140, and, GXP2160
Unpack the box and follow the instructions in the installation manual to connect it to the mains supply and your network/router. Switch the power on and allow a minute or two for the phone to start up. Now follow the instructions below to get the extension registered and begin making calls.
1. Once the phone is plugged into the network and powered up we can begin to configure the device. The easiest way to configure the phone is via the web interface and you'll need its IP address in order to do this. To find the IP address of the phone, press the menu key, this is the key in the middle of the directional buttons. From the menu you should be able to access Status, then within that Network Status, here you should find your phone's IP address.
2. Now using a web browser you can access the web interface by typing in the IP address directly into the address bar.
The default username and password are both "admin".
3. Now select the " Accounts" tab, and then General settings for the account you are adding:
For the next step, we will need the SIP extension settings.
On this page the settings that you need to change are
- Account name: (Your company)
- SIP Server: sip.sipcentric.com
- SIP User ID: (SIP Username)
- SIP Authentication ID: (SIP Username)
- Authenticate Password: (SIP Password)
- Name: (Your name)
- Voice Mail UserID: *95
Once you have updated these press Save.
5. On the Network Settings page, the only settings to be changed is DNS Mode which should be SRV and NAT Traversal, which should be set to Keep-Alive. Once you have updated this, press save.
6. Open the SIP Settings page, you'll first see the Basic Settings, here the settings to update are:
- Register Expiration: 5 minutes
- SUBSCRIBE for MWI: Yes
Again, once you have updated these settings, click Save at the bottom of the page.
7. Under SIP Settings, select Security Settings. Here, the only setting you need to change is Check SIP User ID for Incoming INVITE which should be set to Yes.
8. On the Feature Codes tab, Enable Call Features should be set to No.
9. From the Settings menu at the top of the page, select Date and Time.
You will need to change the following options:
- Time Zone: GMT (London, Great Britain)
- Date Display Format: dd-mm-yyyy
Then click Save and apply at the bottom of the screen.
Once the changes are applied you should now be able to make and receive calls.