The nationwide non-geographic 030x number range (currently 0300 and 0303) is reserved by Ofcom in the National Numbering Plan for allocation to public sector bodies and not-for-profit bodies such as registered charities only.
These numbers are not available in our Portal or API, but can be requested as required by raising a ticket with our Operations Desk, providing full details of the end user, whose eligibility will be verified before a number is issued.
To avoid disappointment, we would ask that you confirm your customers' eligibility before requesting a number and ensure that the following information is provided with every request;
- End User organisation name
- Registered office address
- Registered chartiy number (if appropriate)
- Intended use of the number
- Any organisation appearing on the List of Public Bodies (Cabinet Office)
- Any organisation appearing on the National Public Bodies Directory (Scottish Government)
- Any department of the Welsh Government or Welsh Public Body
- Any Registered Charity as appearing on the Central Register of Charities
- Any Registered Scottish Charity as appearing on the Scottish Register of Charities
- Any Registered Northern Ireland Charity as appearing on the Northern Ireland Register of Charities
- Any organisation having a domain name ending in '.gov.uk'
- Any organisation having a domain name ending in '.nhs.uk'
Other 03 Numbers
These restrictions apply only to the use of 030x Numbers, i.e. 0300 and 0303, other numbers within the 03 range - such as 0330 and 0333 - are available for general allocation.
Article is closed for comments.